Monday 14 April 2008

Monday

We had another great day school. To my surprise, Marta Alicia and Caleb each had their old teachers from December. I was pleased to see pages of writing in Caleb's book, not pages of draw battles! He even has homework! Marta Alicia practiced things like, "Mom, I'm hungry." and "Mom, I'm thirsty." A wee bit more functional than "Good morning" and "Good afternoon". :)

After a wonderful lunch of chicken and rice (I got the recipe, now I'll just need a little help from Ashley to execute it!) we went to the pool at a nearby hotel. When we got there, we had the pool to ourselves. Soon there were a few others, and one young girl about Marta Alicia's age asked her to play. That was cool! We swam until we were freezing, had a snack of hot dogs and fries (MA will have a rude awakening when she gets home to OUR kitchen!) and then we played on the playground. We were all pretty exhausted when we finished. We walked back home via the market with Marta Alicia fast asleep on Tim's shoulders again. While I ran in for some groceries Tim and the kids waited outside. When I emerged they told me they had just bumped into four people from Maine who are in Guatemala with Safe Passage, a ministry that is based out of Portland, Maine! :)

After a supper of grilled cheese, fruit and yogurt we're winding down. Caleb and Marta Alicia are watching Peter Pan. I finally confiscated the game of Uno after listening to them bicker one time too many. Nothing like tired crabby kids! Ha! They're doing better just watching the movie together. I think we'll all sleep well tonight.

Thanks for your prayers about my bronchitis and eye infection. I had stopped taking the anti-inflammatory because the pain had subsided, but I realized that was a mistake. It's feeling a lot better now that I've started taking it again. Time will tell if the infection is abating--it's still pretty bloodshot. My lungs are improving slowly as well.

I'll post a few pictures of the kids at the pool and the playground. It was another fun day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marti,

Espero que te sientas mejor.

Es muy bonito leer tu blog, lo disfruto mucho.

Espero que pronto puedas visitarnos con toda la familia para que yo conozca a tus hijos y tu conozcas a Eduardo Jose.

Besos y abrazos,

Maife

PD: It feels so weird to write in Spanish to you ha,ha