Thursday 17 April 2008

Wednesday/Thursday

I didn't get to post yesterday and I don't have much time tonight. Yesterday was a hard day. Today was better. Lots of emotions, but we seem to be weathering them.

We didn't go on the activity yesterday. We hung around the school, did some studying, Marta Alicia took a nap and we ended up at Pollo Campero again (I'm starting a "No More Chicken" campaign!). Today we had school and then went swimming all afternoon. It was the prettiest day yet here. Very warm and very few clouds. After swimming we went to dinner at a nearby restaurant, which was very enjoyable. They make the most delicious fruit and milk drinks, like a light shake, only better. :)

Tonight we planned a party for Saturday night with Marta Alicia's foster family. It will be a "thank you" party as well as one to celebrate Vilma's and Fidel's birthdays. It was really fun to plan and hopefully will be even more fun to implement.

Well, off to bed. Lots of packing to do tomorrow and then we head to Panajachel, which is a two hour drive from here (if there isn't traffic or construction). The town is on a crater lake surrounded by 3 volcanoes. Clearly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We'll meet Marta Alicia's foster family there and play for the weekend until Sunday afternoon. Please keep this in your prayers as it will be challenging (linguistically and emotionally) for all. I may not have a chance to update anymore before we come home, but if I can, I will.

I added a picture of the Volcano puffing a little smoke yesterday morning and Tim with the "kids" (I love writing that!) at the restaurant after dinner (picture Marta Alicia asleep on Tim's head with her hair hanging down in his face-very funny!).

P.S. I went to the eye doctor today. I'm on my third eye medication. Still have blurry vision in my right eye. Hopefully, this will help. I'll see my opthomologist when I get home on Tuesday to check things out further. Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have not been able to keep up the last couple days, but glad to come and see new update. Sorry for those emotional day and sorry to hear that your eye is still not healed. I know you must be looking forward to getting home with your new family and adjust at home. So happy for you.

Beckie